Sunday, February 13, 2011

New Learning Experience

I feel challenged in a good way  by the new technology that is becoming available to allow people to initiate and share information.  Having grown up without access to computers it is eye opening to see how far society has come in the last 30 years and how much further it is likely to go.  I was interested in Steven Fry's opinion that television as it is now will be come defunct.   I think that society seems to becoming more interested in the individual and what they want to watch/read/think and new technology applications are assisting this process.

On the plus side, Australia is a big country with many remote towns, being able to use applications like facebook and blogging allows people to interact with like minded people that they would never otherwise get the chance to.  Being able to use applications like facebook helps to battle social isolation in all of its forms.  Being able to share information and photos is great.

No comments:

Post a Comment